What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
robertlc said:
10 HBO channels cost an extra $17 a month on our cable, including HBO HD.

True Blood current season won't be available on iTunes until the season is over.

Wow, how many HBOs do you have? I only have HBO and the HD variant. (Which is 1-hour delayed, ugh).

- Sent from my Brand-New Jailbroken iPad 2! :D

From Wikipedia:

The HBO pay service consists of seven multiplex channels and a video on demand service (HBO On Demand). HBO also packages the Eastern and Pacific feeds of the main channel together, allowing viewers a second chance to watch the same movie/program three hours later/earlier — depending on their geographic location. However, some cable systems only offer the main channel (and in some cases, HBO2) in this manner.

• HBO: The flagship service; it airs popular feature films, first-run films, boxing events and sports specials, original movies, original series, comedy specials and documentaries; also typically debuts new movies on Saturday nights. The main HBO channel will only air R-rated films and TV-MA rated programming after 8 p.m. ET/PT, but does air PG-13 rated films during the daytime hours, and a minimal amount of TV-MA rated programming has aired during the daytime hours on weekends.
  • HBO2: Secondary channel, which features more movies, series, specials and original movies. HBO 2 airs R-rated films during the day, unlike the main HBO channel. Launched in 1991, the channel was rebranded as "HBO Plus" from 1998 to 2001. In Brazil and Latin America, a local version of HBO 2 repeats all the movies that original HBO channel plays, and HBO Plus functions as a separate channel.
  • HBO Comedy: Features less-serious films and series, as well as rebroadcasts of HBO original comedy series and specials; airs R-rated films during the day, but only broadcasts adult comedy specials at night.
  • HBO Family: Features movies and series aimed at a younger audience, as well as films for the whole family; airs series aimed at preschoolers during the morning hours; with specials and G, PG and PG-13 rated films starting at or after 12:30 p.m. ET/PT.[22] Uniquely, it is one of only two HBO spin-offs with its own website, along with HBO Latino — all the others are integrated within the main HBO site. This channel will not show R-rated films or TV-MA rated programming.
  • HBO Latino: A Spanish-language version of HBO for Spanish-speaking audiences, simulcasting much of the same programming seen on the main channel. This channel airs HBO productions, including original series dubbed in Spanish, as well as Hollywood blockbusters and Spanish-language films. Also airs boxing events, including the original boxing series Boxeo De Oro.
  • HBO Signature: Features high quality films, HBO original series and specials; the channel was originally known as "HBO 3" from its 1991 launch until 1998.
  • HBO Zone: This channel airs movies and HBO original programming aimed at the 18-35-year-old demographic. Also broadcasts adult-oriented programming at night, similar to those on Cinemax's Max After Dark block, the only HBO channel that does so.
We get these channels (both East coast and West coast feeds) and HBO HD.

I also get HBO Narnia, HBO Middle Earth, and HB; the O is missing because times are tough, money is tight, and the letter "O" is owned by the Oprah Winfrey Network.

wheems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JJK said:
Sorry, but he is who?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

He was a television producer here in the states -- most notably for The Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's much jubilation here at home.    Our great niece, who married a Spaniard last year, has just got her 5 year visa to stay in the UK. The 10 hour work restriction has been lifted.

It's wonderful. We did everything by the book. She came to stay with us to learn English and is doing well. There were no visa problems along the way although visa renewals did cost some £££.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's great news Richard,
I know the relief.
My daughter's boyfriend is from Canada and has been studying in aus.
He waited nearly 15 months before he was granted a work permit here as well.
It's a great relief.
Now the pair of them are happily working and getting on with their lives.
We expect a wedding in the near future.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPod App Song Lyrics

I copy paste from Internet and then paste it in the lyrics section of info on the song I'm changing on iTunes. Yes, it takes a while but if anyone can come up with a better way... There are apps but nothing that is free. I refuse to pay for something I can do for free.

I have experimented with your method of pasting the lyrics into the song Info in iTunes and it works fine. Curious as to what are the apps ("...there are apps....") you mention in this post? I like to see the lyrics on the cover art playing the songs in my iPad. Thanks.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
retexan599 said:
I have experimented with your method of pasting the lyrics into the song Info in iTunes and it works fine. Curious as to what are the apps ("...there are apps....") you mention in this post? I like to see the lyrics on the cover art playing the songs in my iPad. Thanks.

One is iTunes Helper, I think. Although I prefer the manual way.

- Sent from my Highly-Personalized jailbroken iPad 2! :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is everyone doing this weekend? Where is Bob?

Hubby has worked 3 weeks without a day off? Hoping to have a Sunday together soon!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Relaxing in our house in France. Recovering from a tough 3 weeks. Another 2 weeks and then back home.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
How are you doing JJK? Any news yet?

Doing nothing probably. Am watching a Japanese drama now, it's called My Boys. The synopsis on the Info screen on my satellite box looks totally off. What I have been seeing is a Japanese guy dressed in a maid outfit. ...Don't ask.

- Sent from my Highly-Personalized jailbroken iPad 2! :D

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is everyone doing this weekend? Where is Bob?

Hubby has worked 3 weeks without a day off? Hoping to have a Sunday together soon!

I'm here.

Didn't know I was missed.

Work has gotten busy. More responsibilities on me now with the merger. Doubled the number of branches I have to deal with.

Going to see the new Harry Potter movie tomorrow. Will be a nice break.

Most reactions

Latest posts