What's new
Apple iPad Forum ๐ŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
It'll be rats next. ๎ ๎“ ๎

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Er...... They are rats Richard.
Woke this morning to the killing fields in the lounge room.
It's hard to decide if this is good or bad.
It's another pesky creature not chewing the wiring of an important appliance.
Washing machine twice,dishwasher once,air conditioner once.
All are a night mare to repair as no trades persons Hefei Vanuatu to repair.
It's buy a new one or go without.
Once sent a dishwasher for repair in port Vila.
It was 18 months till it returned !
Just wish she wouldn't bring them into the house via the cat door at night๎“๎“๎“๎“๎“๎“
You do get used to it
And it's not all the time.
Sometimes it's lizards
I'm just happy we don't have snakes on the island๎”ญ๎„‡๎„‡๎„‡

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My cat brings in half eaten rabbits, I know because I stupidly walked around the bed without slippers and my bare foot crunched the remains.... Ugh not pleasant! Trixie is a catcher extraordinaire! Rats, mice, frog, rabbits and birds. Needless to say, I don't have a cat door and can, most of the time, remove alive or dead animal before it enters house. Samson just watches in sheer delight but too scared to participate. My old, now deceased, Cinders once slept next to baby birds which had fallen out of their nest and she didn't bat an eyelid.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Totally petrified of cats...and this just confirms why. I hope those animals don't die in vain and that they go into to evening stew for the family ๎

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
Er...... They are rats Richard.
It's another pesky creature not chewing the wiring of an important appliance.
Washing machine twice,dishwasher once,air conditioner once.
All are a night mare to repair as no trades persons Hefei Vanuatu to repair.
It's buy a new one or go without.
Once sent a dishwasher for repair in port Vila.
It was 18 months till it returned !
Sometimes it's lizards
I'm just happy we don't have snakes on the island๎”ญ๎„‡๎„‡๎„‡

my slip up there - I missed the euphemism! Perhaps should have said fat rats, but they would be left outside ๎„…๎„…

It looks like there is a job for an enterprising electrician. There are enough unemployed ones here.

I expect you have looked at all options, but would metal cages, with a mesh small enough to keep out vermin, set around major appliances work? Then place poison inside the caged area to have any which slip through.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard have already wrapped the base and back of most appliances.
The problem occurs when they die inside or behind.
It's twice as hard to remove an offending dead corpse!
I just want her to not bring them inside to show me.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
Richard have already wrapped the base and back of most appliances.
The problem occurs when they die inside or behind.
It's twice as hard to remove an offending dead corpse!
I just want her to not bring them inside to show me.

Yes I can appreciate that. It must be a horrible job - said from experience!

This little natter about offending wildlife reminds me of Trinidad.

Food which wasn't refrigerated was kept in a food safe.

The safe was a large box with perforated zinc sides. The box stood on legs, with the feet in dishes filled with water to keep the ants away. The blighters worked out how to cross the water by forming a bridge of ants. So we had to mix paraffin in with the water to break the surface tension. That stopped 'em. ๎—

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've subscribed to HBO for the next 3 months so we can watch "True Blood."

Saturday, my wife took the opportunity since "Spice World" was on to educate our oldest daughter about the Spice Girls.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:

Saturday, my wife took the opportunity since "Spice World" was on to educate our oldest daughter about the Spice Girls.

I just use iTunes to watch all my TV shows. Anytime, anywhere.

- Sent from my Brand-New Jailbroken iPad 2! :D

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:

I just use iTunes to watch all my TV shows. Anytime, anywhere.

Can't get HBO without subscribing to it. And the HBO Go app only works with certain cable providers.

Cost of a season would probably be comparable to the 3 month's subscription fee we're paying for HBO. But, the current season of "True Blood" is not available on iTunes.

Last edited:

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The movie package by my satellite provider costs like around $30 monthly, for 3 SD channels. Add-on $7 for two HD channels.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went to reopen my email account on the PC. While waiting, I caught up on the forum. I have now forgotten why I wanted my emails. Another CRAFT moment! ๎–๎–

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The movie package by my satellite provider costs like around $30 monthly, for 3 SD channels. Add-on $7 for two HD channels.

10 HBO channels cost an extra $17 a month on our cable, including HBO HD.

True Blood current season won't be available on iTunes until the season is over.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:

True Blood current season won't be available on iTunes until the season is over.

Wow, how many HBOs do you have? I only have HBO and the HD variant. (Which is 1-hour delayed, ugh).

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:

Wow, how many HBOs do you have? I only have HBO and the HD variant. (Which is 1-hour delayed, ugh).

From Wikipedia:

The HBO pay service consists of seven multiplex channels and a video on demand service (HBO On Demand). HBO also packages the Eastern and Pacific feeds of the main channel together, allowing viewers a second chance to watch the same movie/program three hours later/earlier รขโ‚ฌโ€ depending on their geographic location. However, some cable systems only offer the main channel (and in some cases, HBO2) in this manner.

• HBO: The flagship service; it airs popular feature films, first-run films, boxing events and sports specials, original movies, original series, comedy specials and documentaries; also typically debuts new movies on Saturday nights. The main HBO channel will only air R-rated films and TV-MA rated programming after 8 p.m. ET/PT, but does air PG-13 rated films during the daytime hours, and a minimal amount of TV-MA rated programming has aired during the daytime hours on weekends.
  • HBO2: Secondary channel, which features more movies, series, specials and original movies. HBO 2 airs R-rated films during the day, unlike the main HBO channel. Launched in 1991, the channel was rebranded as "HBO Plus" from 1998 to 2001. In Brazil and Latin America, a local version of HBO 2 repeats all the movies that original HBO channel plays, and HBO Plus functions as a separate channel.
  • HBO Comedy: Features less-serious films and series, as well as rebroadcasts of HBO original comedy series and specials; airs R-rated films during the day, but only broadcasts adult comedy specials at night.
  • HBO Family: Features movies and series aimed at a younger audience, as well as films for the whole family; airs series aimed at preschoolers during the morning hours; with specials and G, PG and PG-13 rated films starting at or after 12:30 p.m. ET/PT.[22] Uniquely, it is one of only two HBO spin-offs with its own website, along with HBO Latino รขโ‚ฌโ€ all the others are integrated within the main HBO site. This channel will not show R-rated films or TV-MA rated programming.
  • HBO Latino: A Spanish-language version of HBO for Spanish-speaking audiences, simulcasting much of the same programming seen on the main channel. This channel airs HBO productions, including original series dubbed in Spanish, as well as Hollywood blockbusters and Spanish-language films. Also airs boxing events, including the original boxing series Boxeo De Oro.
  • HBO Signature: Features high quality films, HBO original series and specials; the channel was originally known as "HBO 3" from its 1991 launch until 1998.
  • HBO Zone: This channel airs movies and HBO original programming aimed at the 18-35-year-old demographic. Also broadcasts adult-oriented programming at night, similar to those on Cinemax's Max After Dark block, the only HBO channel that does so.
We get these channels (both East coast and West coast feeds) and HBO HD.

Most reactions

Latest posts