What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And yet, lighting, did it hurt your eyes? Just the wrong lighting, huh? It hurts my eyes if the lights are funny, so I am curious... Did it?

Well it didn't hurt the eye but it did strain them. In the newer section of the museum (no cars there, cars parked only in the old section) the lighting was perfect, lots of natural light and everything looked normal, where as in the old section the darkness and yellowish tint was awful. After the auction was over a big gate was opened tote the cars out, when the natural light came in with the opened gate, all the museum planes looked much nicer then. The camera really struggled

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, there was a Jaguar XJ V12 5.3 litre, it was the hard top parked next to German Messerschmitt fighter plane, but do agree the XJ convertibles are great looking cars, I am a big fan of them. Here are some pics of the XJ

That's a very nice car....

I've just showed hubby your pics.....you know he never even noticed the planes until half way through the pics. :D

He loved the E Types..

And congrats on your new job!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is this obsessive or what. Lol. Kind of like it though.

Attachments

• image-414368566.jpg
    image-414368566.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 182

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a very nice car.... I've just showed hubby your pics.....you know he never even noticed the planes until half way through the pics. :D He loved the E Types.. And congrats on your new job!
Thanks Leelai, I started on Wednesday and yesterday Friday went for drinks with my new colleagues, a good friendly lot and a great supervisor, something I wanted. Lots of training ahead, but once there it will be plain sailing :)

Yes the cars were dotted around the planes and sometimes it was hard to see the cars because the aeroplanes are so huge, and combined with the bad lighting, the dark cars were well hidden :)

Last edited:

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! :) Glad to see that you got a job, too.

Thank you Joanna, I started my new job on Wednesday, a lot to learn but looking foreward to it, and it's 35 min walk from my house, but in good weather only, otherwise it's 25 min by bus

London, UK

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Joanna, I started my new job on Wednesday, a lot to learn but looking foreward to it, and it's 35 min walk from my house, but in good weather only, otherwise it's 25 min by bus London, UK
That's not too far away. I also saw that you had a good start with your colleagues. That's great! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts