What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks, Skyfire

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just spent 3 days watching a live sporting event streamed via Ustream which is Flash based and won't work on the iPad.

However I used Skyfire and it worked flawlessly and I am very pleased with its performance.

I was laid up with back problems and the iPad was a perfect solution to watch this event but I never would have been able to watch it but for Skyfire.

Again, thank you Skyfire.

It was the perfect solution for watching flash based video on the iPad!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm tempted to give it a whirl, but have been doing fine without viewing Flash based sites. The nice thing about this app I noticed is that you can do a check of a site to see if it works, so if you have favorites, you can check them out. Sounds like the performance wasn't choppy either. I read mixed reviews on that one. But very cool to hear it working.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it worked with Ustream. Good on them. Now if they would only get permission to show CBC that would be good.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL totally. Double dared, and sure, why not?! Okay, the verdict is in! I took the plunge and got Skyfire! Done! Pretty nifty. Just visited a site or two, but had to go out of my way looking, since I'm not too tripped up with the lack of Flash. But hey, who knows. Still good to have, and $5 isn't too much, as I'm sure once the words leave my fingers, suddenly a few Flash sites will surface! :D:D

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Try watching something in terms of video that is flash based, i would like to hear of other user experiences. They also say there is no flash game support, but ya might be able to get lucky? lol its worth a shot. Report back!

Nremondelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Skyfire. It is so well thought out. Only pain is that after private browsing, you have to re-sign in to all of your services.

Most reactions

Latest posts