What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texting to and from the Ipad in the UK

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

anyone know of a app that will allow me to send and recieve text messages on the Ipad in the UK?

OP
A

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the review in the Ipad mag said that App only works in USA

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doesn't Skype? I know I can text my daughter who is in the UK using Skype, but she cannot respond. I thought this is because I am outside the UK.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at TextPlus from the App Store. Should work in the UK.
No, it gives you a US number.

Perhaps if you jailbroke, installed some location spoofer, and then tried TextPlus, but I still doubt it because it gives you the ten digit American phone num.

Munchkin52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatsapp for UK

Funny you should ask...my UK friend asked me to add Whatsapp to my iPhone at 4 today. I added it, turned it on in settings, and within minutes I not only was texting my friend, but I sent a picture of me sitting in the chair doing it.
My friend has a Blackberry, but this app is for iPhone, Blackberry, and Android. She and I texted back and forth for about 10 minutes and it allows you to add emoticons. .99 cents...great deal.

Yes...it works just great. The app goes into your contact list and shows your UK contact's number. You just write the message. The app does not allow calling free, so don't accidentally hit the Call button...I did and my friend's cell phone rang. 

Most reactions