What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Textbooks on ipad

Njzillest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just did a google search that didn't yield many results...

Is there any way I can get my class text books on my iPad? I tried kindle and iBooks, but they both dint offer too many options.

I also have several ebooks that I can access on my MacBook but not on my iPad. Here is a screenshot.

Is there a specific app I need to download in order to view the ebooks? Or is there an app or a place where textbooks are available to iPad users?

I have noticed that the lack of flash support has prevented e from using the iPad for many online class assignments.

Attachments

• image-1649065702.png
    image-1649065702.png
    44 KB · Views: 368

iDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are many text book apps available on the app store.

Kno Text books is one such application that boasts having over 100,000 text books available. It is a free app, just do a search for "Kno" in the app store and you'll find it.

You could also try the nook app form Barnes N Nobles. It gives you access to any available text books that they may carry.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Paulp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDon said:
There are many text book apps available on the app store.

Kno Text books is one such application that boasts having over 100,000 text books available. It is a free app, just do a search for "Kno" in the app store and you'll find it.

You could also try the nook app form Barnes N Nobles. It gives you access to any available text books that they may carry.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

But are these apps available outside the U.S.? I can't find either, I'm in the UK.

max2008is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys go to [Moderator edit: Removed link to piracy site...] will solve ur problem thousand of books in PDF or ePub format .

Last edited by a moderator:

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paulp1 said:
But are these apps available outside the U.S.? I can't find either, I'm in the UK.

Its pointless thought because they over charge on all of the books they have for sale. No one has created a textbook app for college students and affordable for college students. Yeah the apps are free but your better off looking on google for the pdf or just buying the book from your college book store.

Tourbillon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PixelMags said:
If you can get your textbooks in a PDF there are some good PDF reader Apps that could work for you.

I find the iBooks app the best for reading and storing .pdf files I use in lectures.

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can get your textbooks in a PDF there are some good PDF reader Apps that could work for you.
i think this would be your best solution. When i was in college i was able to find many of my books in PDF file form. Sometimes its nice to have a PDF sometimes its nice to have a physical copy just depends what you're doing

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I scan my text books into the computer, OCR it and the save as PDF. I then use iannotate to edit, highlight and make notes in my book.

Regards,
Chays

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chays said:
Hi,

I scan my text books into the computer, OCR it and the save as PDF. I then use iannotate to edit, highlight and make notes in my book.

Regards,
Chays

Wouldnt this take absolutely ages?? What OCR program do you use? Most are very expensive.

Most reactions

Latest posts