What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapatalk followers

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
Just a quick question to see if any other tapatalk users are experiencing the same as me. As of a month or so ago, I have been gaining 4-6 ‘followers’ every day!! What’s it all about? I’m not a big forum user and I have no idea why anyone would want to follow me. What does following on tapatalk actually achieve for the follower? I feel like I’m being stalked as I don’t have any idea who these people are. I’ve had to turn certain Tapatalk notifications and emails off as I’m getting bombarded with rubbish. Anyone else getting the same?

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are not alone on this. I have had a few messages from so called companies trying to sell me things. Names of people started following me that l have never seen on the forums that l visit.
The names of regular posters tend to stay in your head.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't open Tapatalk regulary, but after reading your post, I noticed that I have more than 700 followers there, and I don't know most of them. I'm quite sure there were around 500 the last time I looked at this, last week or so.

I’ve also had a few weird messages, and I've reported and blocked them.

OP
JezzerP

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
I don't open Tapatalk regulary, but after reading your post, I noticed that I have more than 700 followers there, and I don't know most of them. I'm quite sure there were around 500 the last time I looked at this, last week or so.

I’ve also had a few weird messages, and I've reported and blocked them.

Grief! You are streets ahead of me then! I’ve recently hit 200 followers. Not had any strange messages thankfully [emoji15]

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you drill down into Tapatalk settings, you will find, unless you turn them off, there are several instances where showing an interest in a someone's post, (such as liking) will make you automatically follow that person.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you drill down into Tapatalk settings, you will find, unless you turn them off, there are several instances where showing an interest in a someone's post, (such as liking) will make you automatically follow that person.
I’ve disabled these.

This setting could be the reason for that number of followers, though. Maybe most of the Tapatalk users don’t know about this, or don’t care what happens when they “like” a comment, or quote someone’s post.

Most reactions

Latest posts