What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tansfer To PC From Notepad?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use notepad to jot down a lot of ideas and stuff, would like to transfer my notes from ipad to pc, anybody know how?

also, will be getting somekind of "word" like app, will be writing a lot stuff, is it easy to transfer this? Can I transfer to MS word or will I need somekind of Apple program to run anything like that on PC?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For Word docs, Documents To Go is a good one to create/edit Word, Excel docs and view Powerpoint files. It does PDF viewing too. It is also integrated with the iPad Mail app (if someone emails you a Word doc, you have the option to open it Docs To Go for reading/saving/editing).

You can transfer either by desktop app sync, email, or drag and drop in iTunes. If you get the premium version, you get the above methods, plus Dropbox and other cloud solution synching.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Evernote. It's free and syncs in the cloud. Allowed up to 40 gb a month and I've never got near the limit.

jpblankert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jeeeee, I knew Apple was at a technically low level, but that it was so childish....it only sync's little tunes, not the Notepad. What a pathetic company and bunch of loosers!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For handwritten notes I've gone back to Noteshelf which is integrated with Dropbox. There is also Notetaker HD which I like a lot and has quite a lot of options. i use Office HD which is also integrated with Dropbox. This is a quick way for me to be sure I have the same info on Ipad, laptop and main desktop. I find I can write in Noteshelf or Notetaker with a stylus about the same as I write on paper. I type quite fast so can use other apps for that aleo. i have Evernote but admit I really haven't explored it much but mwny like it

Diane

jgumphress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
umphress.web.officelive.com
Ultrimate said:
I use notepad to jot down a lot of ideas and stuff, would like to transfer my notes from ipad to pc, anybody know how?

also, will be getting somekind of "word" like app, will be writing a lot stuff, is it easy to transfer this? Can I transfer to MS word or will I need somekind of Apple program to run anything like that on PC?

I use Documents To Go which is Microsoft Word compatible and you can create on the fly and transfer wirelessly between iPad and PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts