What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tranfering music from ipad2 to new macbook

BlueLou232

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am contemplating going from a pc to MacBook. I am curious as to how easy it would be to transfer my music from my ipad2 to the MacBook. I saw that there are programs to do this with pc's but am wondering if I would need a 3rd party program to do this with a MacBook.

iphoneblaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just as other Apple devices, the solution for how to download music to iPad is not very different. Of course, you can use iTunes to download songs to iPad you like, however, some of songs formats can not be supported by iPad, so you'd best to get a good converter to transfer that songs to your iPad.

Here is the easier way to download music to iPad with the help of iTunes. After the music transferred on your iPad, you can listen to the music anywhere with the device.
Tips: If you are looking some sites for songs downloading, you can go to the center of

Step 1. Run iPad with iTunes

To download music to iPad from a computer you should have iTunes installed in your computer. Connect your iPad to the computer, and then the iTunes will recognize the iPad and automatically open. You will see the iPad in the left column of iTunes, click its icon to open the iPad.
Step 2. Select Music from iTunes Music Store
In the popped window, select the Music tab from the top of the screen. In this screen, you will be able to select what music you wish to transfer to the iPad. You can choose from your entire song library or individual playlists.
Step 3. Transfer Music to iPad
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen to transfer the music to your iPad. Now you can select to listen to the music in your new iPad.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iphoneblaster said:
Just as other Apple devices, the solution for how to download music to iPad is not very different. Of course, you can use iTunes to download songs to iPad you like, however, some of songs formats can not be supported by iPad, so you'd best to get a good converter to transfer that songs to your iPad.

Here is the easier way to download music to iPad with the help of iTunes. After the music transferred on your iPad, you can listen to the music anywhere with the device.
Tips: If you are looking some sites for songs downloading, you can go to the center of

Step 1. Run iPad with iTunes

To download music to iPad from a computer you should have iTunes installed in your computer. Connect your iPad to the computer, and then the iTunes will recognize the iPad and automatically open. You will see the iPad in the left column of iTunes, click its icon to open the iPad.
Step 2. Select Music from iTunes Music Store
In the popped window, select the Music tab from the top of the screen. In this screen, you will be able to select what music you wish to transfer to the iPad. You can choose from your entire song library or individual playlists.
Step 3. Transfer Music to iPad
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the screen to transfer the music to your iPad. Now you can select to listen to the music in your new iPad.

Great instructions, but unfortunately not what the OP wanted. :)

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suela said:
what about music from Mac book to iPad?

That is easy. Assuming it is not already synced to another computer you can hook it up and use iTunes.

Most reactions