What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking iPad on holiday - charger worries

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all. At the end of July I shall be taking my (UK) iPad to Japan and then Australia.

Will I need a specific iPad power source ofr each of the countries (which isnt going to happen lol), or will the UK charger work just using a regular 2 pin adapter for each country? (Im aware that Australias 2 pin connectors are different to Japan).

If not, it means taking my laptop as well (not ideal as its a 17" behemoth), and charging from the less than ideal USB.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The supplied iPad charger is theoretically universal. It will accept anywhere from 100 to 240 VAC and supply the correct power to the iPad. All you have to do is provide the appropriate adapter.

Enjoy your holiday!

OP
keroro1979

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats what I was hoping for :) Didnt have problems with my PSP or laptop last time, but you never know!:D

Most reactions