What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

t-Mobile prepaid and iPad

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
OK since all ipads come factory unlocked (except japanese models) we can put in micro sim in the ipad.

does anyone know of any T-Mobile prepaid plans that work with the iPad? i just got a t-mobile prepaid simcard ($10). Poped it into my ipad and i now have t-mobile service with full bars and edge connection(not possable to get 3g with T-Mobile USA)

All i can get working is those t-zone text link pages.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a valid question. Is there a pre-paid out there that allows unlimited edge on t-mobile, with the t-zones $9.99 plan? I know it can be had with some normal t-mobile phones, but I am unsure about their pre-paids.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I just tried the prepaid Sidekick plan ($1 per day) with the APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com

and Email is working!!!!
But it still wont load any webpages.

sleek31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
??????? don't understand the need if you can have unlimited 3G for $30 from little brother (AT&T)

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is not to understand? It's $10 for unlimited edge via t-zones. That's $20 cheaper. Might be a good alternative for people who do not need 3G or are in a area that can't get 3G.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Looks like you can use the $1 per day sidekick prepaid plan in the iPad to send/receive emails. The good part is it doesn't look like they are charging me a dollar per day. Maybe only Internet and voice trigger the $1 per day payment. This is day 2 and they still haunt deducted a dollar.

Could this be a way of getting free email service with t-mobile prepaid sim?

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like you can use the $1 per day sidekick prepaid plan in the iPad to send/receive emails. The good part is it doesn't look like they are charging me a dollar per day. Maybe only Internet and voice trigger the $1 per day payment. This is day 2 and they still haunt deducted a dollar.

Could this be a way of getting free email service with t-mobile prepaid sim?

Please keep us posted. Thanks for the feedback.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I'm thinking this may actualy be giving me free email access. My account says pay by the day status for today is "Not Paid". Yet I'm getting emails.

Another od thing is that I switched my account around to all three plans to test them out. Pay as you go, pay by the day, pay by the day sidekick. And all of the sudden the account went from telling me that I need to add $100 to get gold status, to all of the sudden now it says congratulations You have earned gold status. You get 15% on refills and minutes don't expire for a year.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Day #3 and I am still getting access to all my email accounts for sending/recieving emails and my prepaid account has not been charged anything.

Plus, my prepaid account only has only had $1.34 on it for the last 3 days and it charges $1 per day you use it.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I think T-Mobile has caught on and is no longer letting the email get through for free.

also when trying to visit a web page a new t-zones page is displayed asking if I would like to have full access to the web for $1 per hour. However It doesnt seem to let me continue on and purchase the hour of full internet access.

This may be something new they are adding and havent finished it yet.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Anything new on this?

nope, but ill pop it in right now and see. Looks like they have decided to block the ipad all together. Its giving me a webpage that says no data plan is available for this device.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts