What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-Mobile and iPhone

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a couple T-Mobile executives are saying T-Mobile will offer the iPhone this fall. Can anyone confirm this, or is this rumor?... If so, it will be interesting if they get into a 3G package for the iPad. :confused:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I see it as more of a possibility than a CDMA verizon phone, all that has to be done is add T-mobiles frequencies to the phone.

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see it as more of a possibility than a CDMA verizon phone, all that has to be done is add T-mobiles frequencies to the phone.

Do they use the same micro sim? Wouldn't that be interchangeable with ATT

Yes, you can use a unlocked iPhone on T-Mobiles network (not sure about the iphone 4) but you will only get Edge like speeds (no 3G) due to the difference in frequency that T-Mobile uses.

Also no exec from T-Mobile has confirmed that they will be getting the iPhone and the Apple/AT&T exclusive deal does not end til around 2011.

It would be easier for Apple to convert the iPhone to work with T-Mobile as Verizon currently uses CDMA (no SIM, cannot surf and talk at the same time, etc).

To me it seems that a lot of the carriers are starting to go toward the "Android" platform since iPHone is only available on AT&T

I'm currently on T-Mobile as would like to see the iPhone offered but I'm not holding my breathe.

Most reactions

Latest posts