What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new IPad Pro to replace my ipad4.I have not restored my ipad4 to IPad Pro,but I am keeping ipad4 as it is with all its apps and other data and using the iPad Pro from scratch,and installing apps as I need them,both iPads retain email accounts and both operate same apple od as does my iMac.

The question I have.is,...how does sync work between all three devices?,....I’m trying to avoid putting everything I have on my ipad4 onto my iPad Pro!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Assuming you are on iOS 11, most of what you need to setup can be found under your main account settings; iCloud, and iTunes and App Store. You should also visit Accounts & Passwords (further down the list) to choose which email accounts and what features of each account will sync to each iPad.

There are other decisions to make about the use of iCloud Drive, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Music Library, whether you sync your iBooks collections, and much more. It’s a good idea to set asside an hour and just browse the settings for all of Apples built in apps (Messages, Facetime, Photos, etc.), as well as the optional ones you may have downloaded.

Search for and read up on any of the services you don’t understand. Besides the user guide (downloadable in iBooks), and serching the web, there are some tutorials in the Apple Support app (downloadable in the App Store).

Finally, you may need to decide what thrid party apps should (or should not) sync. Examples of these might be a password app, thrid pary message app, a cloud service (Dropboxz0, or a browser (bookmark syncinc).

If you are not on iOS 11, most of these setting still apply, but they may be in different places.

iPad User Guide for iOS 11.2 by Apple Inc. iPad User Guide for iOS 11.2 by Apple Inc. on iBooks

FFAA32B1-8F5C-45AD-B466-DBF5014D84C9.jpeg

0015C374-3043-406A-B7B4-3233F422FE1C.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts