What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing question (new iPad anf iPhone 4)

Qwho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not want to sync everything between my new iPad and my iPhone 4 ... And vice versa. Different apps (retina ready vs iphone apps) photos etc, what is the best way to accomplish this?

Should I (can I) have two itunes accounts? And then the stuff I want on both devices? Use dropbox or something? Am i making this harder than it needs to be?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Your making it harder than it needs to be :)

No need for separate itunes accounts, just set different sync settings up for each device.

Personally I have several iOS devices syncing to the same library and I have different playlists set up for each device and each device only syncs to its relevant playlists, so I can easily control whats on each device without affecting the others.

The advantage of playlists is that you can also set them up without the device connected so you can easily edit them ready for next time you sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts