What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud sync for iPad and iPhone

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a lot of pictures on iPhone that are not on iPad. Also lot more apps on iPhone vs. iPad.
So what happens when I sync iPad with iCloud. Will everything on my iPhone that is not already on iPad copy over to iPad?

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not want all iPhone apps that ate not on iPad to move to iPad. Assume they won't????
Assume iCloud knows difference between iPad and iPhone??

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you turn on the photostream, then photos move between the your iOS devices and your PCs. Photos I take on my phone land on the iPad and the PC. Vidoes don't, though. Also, I seem to have double photos on some shots. Not sure how this happened. But this is an handy feature for moving photos around automagically.

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sync my iPhone to iCloud every night. If I also let iPad sync will it mess anything up on either devise. Or will iCloud see the diff between two.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nothing is messed up on mine..but I don't have your iPad/iPhone and don't know what you do. The purpose of iCloud and Photostream is to sync photos across devices when on wifi. I suggest that if you are afraid of it to not use it. Or just figure a way to test it out.

Most reactions