What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing new album blows out old albums - what's wrong here?

DisneyChristmas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had several albums working well on my iPad. Then I added a new album (folder) in My Pictures, opened iTunes, selected my iPad, chose photos, check-marked the new album and did the sync. IPad loaded the new album and deleted all of the the previous albums. These previous albums still were sitting as folders in My Pictures and were completely UNCHANGED in content from when they were synced the first time.

So then I check-marked every album. Now, repeatedly, the sync goes only so far, the PC locks up, and I have to crash the computer.

What am I doing wrong? Other people complain of not being able to delete albums. Wow - I want to get mine back. Thanks

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I had several albums working well on my iPad. Then I added a new album (folder) in My Pictures, opened iTunes, selected my iPad, chose photos, check-marked the new album and did the sync. IPad loaded the new album and deleted all of the the previous albums. These previous albums still were sitting as folders in My Pictures and were completely UNCHANGED in content from when they were synced the first time.

So then I check-marked every album. Now, repeatedly, the sync goes only so far, the PC locks up, and I have to crash the computer.

What am I doing wrong? Other people complain of not being able to delete albums. Wow - I want to get mine back. Thanks
From everything I know about Sync programs, Apple or otherwise, they always add new and remove old. If you want ALL loaded, I think you will need to re-sync everything. Sounds like you almost got there but something happened. If I were you, I would copy all of your albums on your PC to a safe place, delete all albums on the iPad and then re-sync from your folder with ALL the albums in it. iPad should then think it is getting all new content. To avoid this in the future, I think you will have to re-sync all in the folder on the PC. I don't yet have my iPad [still coming from Anchorage AK] so I may be missing something. I am reading the User Guide though. I also got an App that will let me put all the photos I want in a single iPad folder and then build new albums and move the photos to them by subject. It is called Photo Sort for iPad and is $1.99 through iTunes. Seemed worth it to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts