What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo album questions

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am just trying to get my head around>>camera roll, albums, last imported, all imported and I guess the obvious is this>>

camera roll >>what I have saved to Photos??
albums >> when I have named a batch ??
last import >> the last pics I sent to Ipad
All import >>the total of ones I have saved there from camera, please correct me if any above assumptions are wrong.

My most important question is, I have just selected some pics from all imported, and moved them to a named album, so I dont need them in the "all imported" group anymore, so want to delete, but after selecting them, it says"delete from everywhere" which I dont want to do, as they are now in the new album??

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Moving pics without deleting

Hi Guys

I posted this in iPad 2 and saw there was 170 views but no replies, hope you can help please.

My most important question is, I have just selected some pics from all imported, and moved them to a named album, so I dont need them in the "all imported" group anymore, so want to delete, but after selecting them, it says"delete from everywhere" which I dont want to do, as they are now in the new album

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
There seems to be a misunderstanding in the photo-album concept.
Photos are not copied but "tagged" instead, as soon as you add them to an Album. They will physically stay in the all imported, but have a kind of shortcut in the assigned album. So, there is only one file, but multiple ways to assess the file - which is good, as you can assign them to several albums without increasing the used space.
Hope this helps!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The way to get photos only in the folders you want is to transfer all your photos from your camera roll to your computer, sort into basic folders, then sync back the folders you want to the iPad using iTunes. You won't get double-ups unless you put the same photo into multiple folders.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, frenchman96. It looks as if you're off to a good start getting your questions answered.

I'm just posting to tell you I've merged the two threads you started today on this same topic into this one. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Good luck with your photos.

Marilyn

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Maryln

Hear what you say, and will comply of course, the only reason I went into the other forum was because I had no replies after 170 views, and was desperate not to delete by accident, sorry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Maryln

Hear what you say, and will comply of course, the only reason I went into the other forum was because I had no replies after 170 views, and was desperate not to delete by accident, sorry

Hold in mind that view count includes visitors who probably got to your thread through Google. They can not reply without joining the forum. 170 is actually quite low for a question about photos. It's a popular topic.

Most reactions

Latest posts