What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Apps & Existing Data

Thomash3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have stumbled around and found how to manage the syncing of Apps, however I am reluctant to do so due to the popup message ".....ALL EXISTING APPS AND THEIR DATA ON THE iPad WILL BE REPLACED WITH APPS FROM THIS iTUNES LIBRARY" coupled with the fact that the Apps in my iTunes library do not have the data that the Apps on my iPad has.

So my question is if I do choose to SYNC APPS, will the DATA stored in each respective app on my iPad actually be deleted?? Doesn't make much sense to me that anyone would ever sync apps if that was the case.

Thanks in advance.

Th3

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have stumbled around and found how to manage the syncing of Apps, however I am reluctant to do so due to the popup message ".....ALL EXISTING APPS AND THEIR DATA ON THE iPad WILL BE REPLACED WITH APPS FROM THIS iTUNES LIBRARY" coupled with the fact that the Apps in my iTunes library do not have the data that the Apps on my iPad has.

So my question is if I do choose to SYNC APPS, will the DATA stored in each respective app on my iPad actually be deleted?? Doesn't make much sense to me that anyone would ever sync apps if that was the case.

Thanks in advance.

Th3

When you connect to iTunes and sync your Apps, you should not lose what is on your iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When it warns you that it will erase the apps, it should also be offering you the option to Transfer Purchases. If it does, choose that. If it does not, cancel the dialog, right click on the iPad under the Devices list, and choose Transfer Purchases.

You should also make sure your computer is authorized with your iTunes account. Go into the Store menu and choose Authorize Computer.

For more control over when you iPad syncs, go into iTunes Preferences, the Devices tab, and turn off autosync.

Most reactions