What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Apps And Their Data

Vampo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There,

Recently I got a new computer, which means going through the whole iPad syncing ordeal. I need to sync all my Apps, and I have, but not their data. I know that you do transfer purchases to sync the apps themselves, but i was wondering if i could also sync their data somehow (highscores, levels unlocked, etc), along with the homescreen lay out. I have transferred them, but if i sync them between the iPad and my computer, I'll lose all my homescreen placement and App data.

Does anyone know of a solution to this? Also I don't have my old computer to access the data from which probably makes it more difficult.

Thank you in advance for any help/tips

Edit: Also, This is preventing me from Updating to the 5.0.1 Firmware. If i update then I'd lose all my app data and homescreen placement, so stuck in a hard spot.

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vampo said:
Also I don't have my old computer to access the data from which probably makes it more difficult.

Thank you in advance for any help/tips

Edit: Also, This is preventing me from Updating to the 5.0.1 Firmware. If i update then I'd lose all my app data and homescreen placement, so stuck in a hard spot.

Not having access to the existing iTunes library/device back-ups does make it a bit deal harder. I'm sure there are better suggestions out there, but I would bite the bullet and set-up your iPad from scratch. yes, you will loose the app data, etc. but at least you can get your apps back and any music with a bit of work.

Again, there may be better suggestions out there. Transferrring your entire library from one PC to another would have been the ideal, if you can get that old PC and resurrect it in any way, it would benefit you.

Most reactions

Latest posts