What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synced to a new computer and Music App doesn't show my songs

IBBugsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I synced my iPad2 over to another computer and made it my primary for iTunes. It seemed that the sync worked. Everything is working fine except the Music iPod App. It doesn't list the songs I have on my iPad but if I play the "All" playlist and set it to random, the songs will play even though they are not showing on the list. So the songs are still saved on my iPad.

How can I get the Music App to "search" my iPad to list these songs?

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weird. Not really got any helpful suggestion I'm afraid other than the usual suspects of turn it off then on again, try a soft reboot etc. to see if that sorts it

OP
I

IBBugsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Home Share was not on. I'm not at home right now to see if that helps. I have my fingers crossed. Thanks!

OP
I

IBBugsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, figured it out. I was confused. I had a combination of iTunes purchased songs and songs ripped from my cd library. When I switched my primary computer, only the iTunes purchased songs showed up on the new computer. I thought my cd library songs had remained on my iPad but they didn't. I had to copy those songs from the old computer to iTunes on the new computer, then sync them to my iPad again.

Thanks for the help.

Most reactions