What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

songs not copied but computer is authorized

linbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm syncing the computer to my new iPad.

I keep getting an error message:
"Some of the items in the iTunes library were not copied to the iPad because you are not authorized for them on this computer"

Of course I've authorized my computer, actually several times to try to get this group of songs to sync with my iPad. All the other songs, playlists, etc. are syncing properly and I never had issues with these songs on the iPod.

The sequence of getting things going:

1) had laptop with songs, iPod, no problems. Gave iPod away.
2) copied library to portable hard drive
3) copied library from hard drive to new computer
4) installed iTunes to new computer
5) iTunes "sees" all songs, no problems
6) synced iPad with iTunes and get almost everything synced except for about 100 songs with above error message. Curiously they are mostly Leonard Cohen songs and songs that I had originally imported from CD, i.e. not iTunes purchases. I do have other CD imported songs and they are syncing fine.

Any help appreciated!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More than likely they have some kind of copy protection that is not allowing iTunes to load them. I would try ripping the cd's right into iTunes and see if that makes a difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts