What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync

ballbagracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why why why? I am trying to get the movies that are in my iTunes library to my iPad 2 and it's driving me mad!!! It is showing in my summary that there is 5 gb of video but every time I look on the iPad they are not there?? please please someone help, tell me where I'm going wrong (although I'm sure I'm doing it right?) so if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ballbagracer said:
Why why why? I am trying to get the movies that are in my iTunes library to my iPad 2 and it's driving me mad!!! It is showing in my summary that there is 5 gb of video but every time I look on the iPad they are not there?? please please someone help, tell me where I'm going wrong (although I'm sure I'm doing it right?) so if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Are you sure iTunes video tab has the synch button ticked ? I also have several gigs of videos and they synch OK.

OP
B

ballbagracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume you mean the little box that says sync films? If so then yes :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ballbagracer...where are you looking on your ipad? Forgive me if you have already checked there, but have you check for the movie under the Video app on your ipad?

OP
B

ballbagracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes skimonkey
I have been looking in the video app, where I have a couple of movies already.
I have tried to drag and drop, again no joy. They are mpeg movies.

Cheers

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
B

ballbagracer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again. I've just looked and they are mp4 mpeg-4. I do have gplayer app that I have used for some other stuff, but just want to be able to sync movies normally.
I'm sure I have sync'd before, that's how I got the other movies on.

Thanks again, a confused ballbag :)

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Ball--wondering if it is the format of your movies. Have you been able to sync other movies in this format? Are you using any movie conversion apps to view? Let us know if this helps or doesn't help.

See here for this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/31073-import-movies-songs-ipad-2-a.html
[URL]http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/2376-mp4-movie-wont-sync-ipad-help-2.html
[/URL]

Wow. I never knew you could convert movies to iPad format direct in iTues as mentioned in the second of the above thread. Never stop learning.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. I never knew you could convert movies to iPad format direct in iTues as mentioned in the second of the above thread. Never stop learning.

To be clear, you would need conversion software on your pc such as hand brake to convert prior to syncing in iTunes to iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts