What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about photo storage discrepancy on iPad2

bretta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 148 photos in my photo albums on my new iPad2...which take up easily less than .5 gb on my PC. My iPad is showing that I have 11gb of photos on it! There are only half a dozen taken on the camera roll, so that's not the problem. I moved all videos I'd shot to the iTunes Movie Library, so that's not it either. Any ideas as to why I'm showing such a large discrepancy??? Where should I look? Am I missing something?

It's my first iPad, 32 gb wifi, so maybe it's just user ignorance (and I'm cool with that...just point me in the right direction!).

Thanks!
Bretta

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 148 photos in my photo albums on my new iPad2...which take up easily less than .5 gb on my PC. My iPad is showing that I have 11gb of photos on it! There are only half a dozen taken on the camera roll, so that's not the problem. I moved all videos I'd shot to the iTunes Movie Library, so that's not it either. Any ideas as to why I'm showing such a large discrepancy??? Where should I look? Am I missing something?

It's my first iPad, 32 gb wifi, so maybe it's just user ignorance (and I'm cool with that...just point me in the right direction!).

Thanks!
Bretta

Where are you seeing the figure 11 GB of photos? Are you seeing that on the iPad itself or using iTunes? The PC figure certainly seems about right - though clearly it depends upon the size of the individual images.

If you go into 'Settings', 'General', 'About' on the iPad how much space does it say there is remaining?

Tim

OP
B

bretta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response. Here is a screenshot of the requested info. I do see the figure in iTunes.

Regards,
Bretta

Attachments

• image-3901782382.png
    image-3901782382.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 324

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have a lot of other stuff on your iPad - songs, videos and apps. Why do you think the photos are taking 11GB? Surely the songs and videos are likely to be taking most of the space? The screen shot shows 28.5 GB capacity and 12 GB remaining.

Tim

Last edited:
OP
B

bretta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem resolved! I just plugged back in to iTunes to get figures for you and it has now reset properly to show .71 gb of photos. Don't know where that glitch came from...i spent a bunch of time yesterday working with the videos and moving them from camera roll to videos (I'm a "theatre mom" so i had shot a lot of performance videos already). After syncing last night it hadn't changed anything in photo storage size but this morning it has kicked in right. Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Bretta

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you got that sorted out. I just hate those 'glitches' - they drive you crazy. I've been there too.

Hope everything goes OK with the iPad but please post again if you have any other concerns.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts