What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes download

Chenazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help please as this is driving me mad. I have been trying (without success and I don't know why) to download a movie on Apple TV (although I have been charged for it but haven't been able to actually watch it) because I couldn't view it, I thought I would download it from iTunes on my iPad 2. It started to download and then a message came up to say that there was not enough space on the iPad to download it. So now I can't delete it off the iTunes Store it has been 'sitting' there now for a couple of days. Please help?

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
If this is a rental, don't worry about it expiring as long as you haven't started watching it. If you're talking about a purchase, you'll need to load it into an iTines library with some type of space.

If you're on your Apple TV you can find any purchases in home screen, by selecting, iTunes app and the scrolling right to the top and all the way left. The option is "Purchased/Rented"

The entire list of purchases made with the Apple ID that's login will show here.

Failing that, you could load the movie on a laptop you have laying around that can access iTunes. Simple enough to just login with the Apple ID and check on the purchased playlist to see your library.

Or try clearing up some space on your iPad and download the full movie there.

OP
C

Chenazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx Junior but that is not what I'm asking. On the iTunes on the iPad it is showing part download, there is not enough space on my iPad, so I want to know how to delete the film. Can you help with this please?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try to delete it in Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Video, if you find it there. Tap "Edit", and the - sign.

OP
C

Chenazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried that Junior and can't find it in settings, I guess my only option is to go to the Apple Store and get it sorted there. Thanks for you help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will have to free up some space on your iPad and let the download complete. Afterwards you're able to delete it. It's not possible to remove a movie while downloading, even if it's stuck.

Most reactions

Latest posts