What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sync 2 ipads to different itunes account and share apps

jthessin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dont know if this will work or not but here is what i want to do:
i have the 64wifi3g that has around 100 dollars worth of apps on it.
my wife now wants to get an ipad
instead of paying for these apps all over again (GPS, Docs to go,pdf editors,etc., etc.)
how do i get it to where she can load my apps on her ipad but still sync to her itunes library??
i have a mac computer for my syncing duties and she uses a HP computer for hers.
i know that i can log into my itunes account from her ipad and redownload all the apps we want to share and then the next time she syncs it will ask her for the password to my itunes to authorize her computer to sync those apps right??

thanks for all your help!!!!!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On her pc, log her out and you in, authorize your account. Download the prepurchased apps she wants. Log out and log her back in, plug in her iPad and sync apps.. :)
I share apps with my son this way.

gsr1379

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kind of an old thread. But I think it is still good info.

Will the same method work but rather then down load apps again could they be brought over with "Home Sharing" ?

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, what I do is to change the library ID of my iTunes installation to a common one.
All the PCs and laptops at home have iTunes installed, all with the same library ID.
That way, I can sync to ANY computer, and not worry about anything getting wiped/erased.

Just google "change itunes library id" for instructions on how to do this.

Most reactions

Latest posts