What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two ipdas and one itunes account?

OP
E

Everett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all....

Thanks to all of you kind folks for the sage advice.

One last question if I may?....I've decided to just sync my incoming iPad to my wife's computer using her itunes account. I guess that means when I make purchases for my iPad in the future that I will be signing in using her itunes account, but that's fine.

Before I sync to her computer, should I re-sync her ipad so that her host
computer has all the current stuff from her iPad? I ask this because I don't know whether the files she has already purchased are stored on her computer or if they are stored on itunes servers and merely accessed when needed.

Thanks yet again for all the help. I'm probably making too big a deal of all this but I'd rather get it right to start with than have to untangle it later! :)

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you kind folks for the sage advice.

One last question if I may?....I've decided to just sync my incoming iPad to my wife's computer using her itunes account. I guess that means when I make purchases for my iPad in the future that I will be signing in using her itunes account, but that's fine.

Before I sync to her computer, should I re-sync her ipad so that her host
computer has all the current stuff from her iPad? I ask this because I don't know whether the files she has already purchased are stored on her computer or if they are stored on itunes servers and merely accessed when needed.

Thanks yet again for all the help. I'm probably making too big a deal of all this but I'd rather get it right to start with than have to untangle it later! :)
Applications are the only thing that Sync both ways. Meaning that if you got a new application on your ipad and you want it on your wife's ipad, you need to sync yours, and afterwards here's.
Do it on your own time no need to rush.
I think you chose the right way - using the same account ( that is what I suggested on my 1st reply)

Last edited:
OP
E

Everett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks peled......I will sync it on her desktop [as opposed to mine] and also to her itunes account....

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah you'll find that you can just sync to your computer if you ever get tired of running to hers! Me and my four friends all use my account for all our iOS devices a total of 4 iPads and three iPhones all syncing to 4 different computers and works fine! All save money on apps! There is no limit to how many devices or computers that can use the same account! So if you want use your comp!

Most reactions

Latest posts