What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching sim card from 2 to new generation!

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I. If I remove my iPad 2 sim (which I have a 30 revolving account) and place in my new iPad, will it work or is that service tied to the iPad 2 only? Thanks in advance!

pcoleman721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have my unlimited plan from the iPad 1 days. Switching from iPad 1 to iPad 2, I simply switched the sim cards. For the new iPad, I called them because I wasn't sure if the 3G plan will roll over to 4G. They said don't switch sim cards, just go to cellular in settings and log into your cellular account. It will ask if you are migrating from another plan. There will be a checklist with all their plans and they say "check the plan that resembles the one you have." the unlimited plan was in this list. The cellular plan will stop working on the old iPad, and will start on the new one.

Most reactions

Latest posts