What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

surprise behaviour (Skype)

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ju-on

(...) So basically, from time to time (like, every other day or every two days) the iPad screen gets crazy and it's like an invisible child is pushing every button on the screen, opening apps and writting giberish on the keyboard (...)

You may have the Grudge kid at home ;)

I went back to the store and they gave me a new one, I no longer have touchscreen problems

Please ignore my comment above. You do not have the Grudge kid at home.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something else I wonder about Skype: A Skype call will ring on my phone, iPad 1 or 2, or laptop, but not always the same one, and sometimes on two devices about the same time. But it's not consistent, though I just put all the devices to sleep and don't log off Skype.

Well, that sounds perfectly Skype to me. Hopefully, Microsoft will dump some serious money in to it and make it work better.

OP
O

osborneuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puzzled now. So the iPad will collect mail when in standby. I stopped the mail app (double click home button. Tap and hold app at bottom of screen,tap cross, app vanishes from running list) but it still collects mail in standby! How's that?

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
osborneuk said:
Puzzled now. So the iPad will collect mail when in standby. I stopped the mail app (double click home button. Tap and hold app at bottom of screen,tap cross, app vanishes from running list) but it still collects mail in standby! How's that?

That's what it does. Any mail will be pushed to iOS in settings. This is good.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That happens because your email is set to push in Settings. If you don't want that, you can set it so that you just check email manually. (That's also one way of saving battery life, though I don't know how significant the savings are.)

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
osborneuk said:

lol. It's your "push" settings.

nzlowie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't think the old version of Skpye worked on the Ipad2? If it does I'll down load it myself. I've been waiting for the new release...

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nzlowie said:
I didn't think the old version of Skpye worked on the Ipad2? If it does I'll down load it myself. I've been waiting for the new release...

The new release is dragging its heels it seems but, the old version works fine. You will just have to 2X it and turn the iPad to portrait.

tyreless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
The new release is dragging its heels it seems but, the old version works fine. You will just have to 2X it and turn the iPad to portrait.

You can turn it back to lanscape when you are talking to someone and the video will orient itself to landscape.

Cheers,

Geoff

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tyreless said:
You can turn it back to lanscape when you are talking to someone and the video will orient itself to landscape.

Cheers,

Geoff

Oh, that's news to me! :)

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tyreless said:

Cheers,

Geoff

Yes, I can confirm that!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts