What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions for a Good Password App to Use for Login Passwords, etc

HelenFlax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone suggests good iPad Password application to use to store various website login passwords, account information , etc., that will also work on an iPhone and MacBook computers? I was using Keeper for several years but now it requires a yearly subscription cost per device at it is used on. I don't mind paying a reasonable purchase cost initially but don't want to incur yearly subscription costs. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never used password keepers, but I guess if you have a load of passwords that are kept in one place and someone gains entry then all of your passwords will be there for the world.

I remember initially finding it very difficult thinking for passwords for my various accounts, and so have applied different levels of security depending on wether its forum passwords up to sensitive banking or online trading passwords.

A easy way for me was to remember the first letter of every word used in a particular sentence relating to the particular login site, now I have passwords over 24 alphanumeric and special characters long that are really easy to remember , and would take a while to crack.

Worked for me without the potential to store all my passwords in one place .

Sorry couldn't be much further help :-(

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
How many passwords do you need to keep?

i am using securesafe atm, free allows you 50 passwords

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1password is the best I have it on my MacBook, iPads iPhones and iPods. It just works without issue and totally secure with double passwords. One more thing it syncs all devices.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
+one for 1Password. I use the pro version. There is a lite version that you can try too. There are other apps out there. Here is a cursory look at what is available in the AppStore. Note: 1Password is listed first by virtue of alphabetizing.

Attachments

• image-1977689640.jpg
    image-1977689640.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 305

eastex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Onesafe. It is a paid app with no monthly fees. It is iCloud compatible so it can be used on all your idevices. I currently use it on two iPads, two iPhones, and one iPod and it works flawlessly for me.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've used the shareware Data Guardian on my Mac for years. When I got an iPad, I grabbed the iOS app and synched the database. It's not automatic, but it's easy enough manually. It's totally flexible in the data it stores, and AFAIK there's no limit on the number of records. I used it to keep hundreds of customer passwords for support reasons, in addition to my personal stuff. You protect the whole encrypted database with a master password, which the mobile version makes you enter each session.

In the past, 1password has caused conflicts on MacOS, because it's not just an application. It's a great idea that works fine for some, not so well for others. It was notoriously troublesome at the time I needed to choose a solution, so I didn't even consider it.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

SeanR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use LastPass, it syncs between my computer and mobile devices. I have the paid version, not sure if free version can do mobile.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
+one for 1Password. I use the pro version. There is a lite version that you can try too. There are other apps out there. Here is a cursory look at what is available in the AppStore. Note: 1Password is listed first by virtue of alphabetizing.

They actually charge for the lite version? That sucks!

Most reactions