What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid Newb Questions about syncing vs. streaming

PrimoOptimoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, so, one thing that may help with my incoming raffle-prize iPad being 16GB instead of 64 (if somehow I am unable to exchange it) is that I'm reading it does allow, with an App, streaming from home networks.

Can somebody run me thru how that works, please, in absolute moron-simple terms? My only wireless-streaming experience is my Win7 laptop being picked up by my PS3, and even then some video formats weren't recognized by the PS3.

Sorry for needing the moron style assist here - I'm typically a software guy, but there are so many different protocols and caveats with video ripping and formatting and such, that ANYTHING about digital video gives me an ice cream headache.

Can I assume the iPod app in the iPad will just natively stream my iTunes library over my WiFi? (I'll miss MediaMonkey, and I bleedin' HATE iTunes. C'est la vie.) Or does that req an App too?

Note: Even the 64GB wouldn't hold all my music and videos, but even as I want to go "one machine" with the iPad, I'll soon have a PC in my home entertainment center and would be able to use it as a "hub".

Cheers

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As it stands right now, the only way to get your stuff from your computer to your iPad is with a wired connected. Now there are apps out there that will let you stream videos from your computer to your iPad (as long as they are in the proper format).

OP
P

PrimoOptimoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As it stands right now, the only way to get your stuff from your computer to your iPad is with a wired connected. Now there are apps out there that will let you stream videos from your computer to your iPad (as long as they are in the proper format).

Right, this is what I mean-the streaming app(s). How does that all work?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Air Video is one of the popular video streaming apps. You can read up on its features to see if it will work for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts