What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-Close Safari ?

swb_mct

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(first time ipad user)

Question 1
We have 4 mpeg video cameras at a vacation home. When any computer or ipad is viewing the streaming video across the internet it pretty much exhausts the uplink bandwidth of the ISP connection at the home where the cameras are. We don't want to throttle per-user bandwidth because that lowers the video frame-rate.

Issue: The ipad keeps streaming from the last camera viewed after the ipad user moves on to other apps on the ipad. Internet performance at both ends of the connection is severly taxed even though the video is not long being displayed on the ipad.

I am new: is there a way to close Safari with one click somewhere ? Or is there a way to set a time-out on an app when its not out-front for a period of time ?

This is my wife's ipad and we really need a single click or automatic process to avoid this problem.

Question 2
The same cameras upload 5 second .mp4 clips to a file-browsing web site when they detect motion. In Windows 7, IE9 starts playing a video file as soon I click on it while it continues to download. On ipad, you get a round sybmol with a triangle and a line across the triange.

Is there a way to browse and play these files directly off of the web site. Since these files are sort of catch-and-release (not to be saved) downloading them and loading them into iTunes is a deal-breaker. Also these videos can be created as .3GP or .ASF. Does that help ? (ASF wouldn't play in Windows)

thanks

Last edited:

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd be keen to know this too - is there a way to close an app straight away rather than putting into the background where it sits running?

Reaction score
To close an app, you can always:

1) double click the Home button, to enter the multitask bar
2) touch the Safari app, until it starts wiggling
3) touch the red circle of the Safari app to close it

Not a one-step process, but it works with any app.

There is a one-step solution, but it will clear all ram, so any running app will be thrown out of the ram. If this is a workable solution, then you may be interested in XSysInfo. When enabling both 'Clean at launch', as well as 'Deep Clean" it will automatically clean all ram as soon as you launch the app. As a bonus does XSysInfo autoclose itself. So you really only need to touch the XSysInfo icon once, then all apps are removed from the ram, and you land straight back on the Home Screen.

OP
S

swb_mct

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill give XSysInfo a try . . . having apps close when others open may not a be a problem for my ipad user.

Thanks

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So no way to 'close' rather than 'minimise'?
You always have to clean up later?

Most reactions

Latest posts