What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid new iPad!

Azhepcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just totally screwed up the settings on my tv trying to make it look better. It just looked so blah and now it's worse.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just totally screwed up the settings on my tv trying to make it look better. It just looked so blah and now it's worse.
In all seriousness though, you should get a TV tuning disk such as the Disney WOW - world of wonder (bluray and DVD) or get your TV professionally calibrated. All TV's can be made to look better, but you cannot do it by guessing.

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 3 is not a tv. A tv is not a iPad. Do some research.

iLukeJoseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 3 is not a tv. A tv is not a iPad. Do some research.

Before trying to sound all high and mighty. You should do some research. A display is a display. So a TV = an iPad = a Computer Monitor etc....

Sounds like to me the OP was trying to make his tv look more like his iPad in terms of color temp. OP what tv do you have? Without the proper tools you won't be able to calibrate your TV. So my suggestion (other then at the very least buying a calibration disk). Turn your tv's picture mode to "Movie/Cinema/Theater/THX", it should be called one of the three.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It might have helped if OP had titled the thread with a little thought. Titles blaming iPads for human error are guaranteed to bring out the mockery. Keep it civilized please, and remember that while opinion might be ridiculous, posters are NOT open to ridicule. We treat each other with respect here.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
A

Azhepcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just having a little fun. The point is that the retina display is so good that it makes everything else subpar. I do have the Avia calibration disc somewhere, I guess I better find it. :)

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found the retina screen on the new iPad is indeed tuned very well.
Am wondering if there is an app that gives more control over the screen? Like contrast

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When anyone makes a humorous remark, there is always one person who takes it serious. Never apologize for good nature humor.

Most reactions