What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck on recovery mode downgrading iPad 4.3.5 to 4.3.3.. PLS. HELP!:((

candy2nd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a jailbroken iPad 4.3.1 and i wanted to upgrade to 4.3.3.. But i accidentally upgraded my iPad to 4.3.5 in iTunes.. so i downgraded to 4.3.3 following all instructions i could get.. e.g. editing hosts file (# 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com)... installing fixrecovery and Tinyumbrella... but now I'm stuck in the recovery mode. I got Error 3194 from iTunes and I couldn't exit even with TU... it cannot retrieve or save any SHSH because I never really use 4.3.3 yet so my TU is basically an empty box without an exit button.

What should I do??? Please help me.. I'm freaking out...:(:(:(

OP
candy2nd

candy2nd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You

@f4780y - Thanks for this... I will do it and I will get back here whether it work or not... :)

OP
candy2nd

candy2nd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Follow this tutorial exactly and you should be OK. ( your blobs should be on Cydia. This process will get them)

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...d-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs-new-post.html

Hi f4780y...

I did all the instructions in the tutorial... I can finally see my device on TU and all the saved blobs on General tab (that includes 4.3.3 (8J3))

I went to DFU mode (while TSS running in the background) and tried to (shift)restore, chose the desired firmware (4.3.3).. it extracted on iTunes but after that it gave an error box again... stucked in recovery mode that i had to exit at TU... then it automatically launched iTunes without downgrading to 4.3.3

Now still have iOS 4.3.5 and i still want to downgrade to 4.3.3..:(

I have iPad1 with Firmware 07.11.01

Please help me...

OP
candy2nd

candy2nd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

I surrender:(

I gotta need to go to the shop and pay them to do it for me...

Thanks a lot for all the help here. I've learned a lot and i appreciate it:)

More power!

Candy Torres

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to wait a little longer. It's an International Forum and even the Moderators are volunteers!

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I surrender:(

I gotta need to go to the shop and pay them to do it for me...

Thanks a lot for all the help here. I've learned a lot and i appreciate it:)

More power!

Candy Torres

Hi Candy, sorry for not replying quirky, as Tim said we are an intentional forum and the staff are volunteers too.

If you followed the tutorial I provided, that should work perfectly for downgrading an iPad2 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3. You must have been on 4.3.5 first. Did you try and go directly for 4.3? Also, there is a new version of TU released last night with a bug fix. 5.00.09. I would suggest you very carefully follow the tutorial again with the latest version and let us know how you get on.
Lots of other users have reported success with this method now, so we are sure it works OK.

Mannan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stuck in recovery after downgrade!

HI everyone, ok so i have an ipad 2 64gb verizon and i jailbroke it not too long ago. i accidently downloaded something from cydia that made my springboard lag so i restored it. the latest firmware compatible with the jailbreak for ipad 2 is 4.3.3. and the jailbreak bumped me up to 4.3.5. so i downgraded it back to 4.3.3 but its stuck in recovery mode. i tried tiny umbrella and i dont know how to work it it. i dont even know what shsh blobs are. i also tried fix recovery but that doesnt even open up. and also irecovery but i cant find the full package for it including the libusb part. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help if you can. any suggestions are much appreciated!! THANK YOU!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HI everyone, ok so i have an ipad 2 64gb verizon and i jailbroke it not too long ago. i accidently downloaded something from cydia that made my springboard lag so i restored it. the latest firmware compatible with the jailbreak for ipad 2 is 4.3.3. and the jailbreak bumped me up to 4.3.5. so i downgraded it back to 4.3.3 but its stuck in recovery mode. i tried tiny umbrella and i dont know how to work it it. i dont even know what shsh blobs are. i also tried fix recovery but that doesnt even open up. and also irecovery but i cant find the full package for it including the libusb part. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee help if you can. any suggestions are much appreciated!! THANK YOU!

Follow the directions in this tutorial/how-to: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

Follow them exactly and you should be okay.

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
candy2nd

candy2nd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Candy, sorry for not replying quirky, as Tim said we are an intentional forum and the staff are volunteers too.

If you followed the tutorial I provided, that should work perfectly for downgrading an iPad2 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3. You must have been on 4.3.5 first. Did you try and go directly for 4.3? Also, there is a new version of TU released last night with a bug fix. 5.00.09. I would suggest you very carefully follow the tutorial again with the latest version and let us know how you get on.
Lots of other users have reported success with this method now, so we are sure it works OK.

Hi Tim and f4780y..

I'm sorry i weren't able to come back here and reply, something came up from work and i became terribly busy:(
The plan of goin' to the shop didn't even happen and I still got my ios 4.3.5

I'm still gonna try to downgrade my iPad again this coming week on my free time (hoping there is).. cos i miss all my apps already.
And although i can jailbreak my ios now, i still prefer the 4.3.3 untethered.

No, i didn't go straight to 4.3.3
From 4.3.1 i went to 4.3.5 (upgraded from itunes)
Ok, i'm gonna download the new TU 5.00.09 and will let you know if everything works:)

Btw, I do understand that this forum is international and the staff are volunteers too.
Waiting isn't a problem for me and even if i won't get any answers at all on my ipad problem, it won't affect anything.
I didn't mean to sound unappreciative. Your expertise and help are well appreciated:)
Hope we're cool and i'll talk to you soon:)

Thank you (◕‿◕✿)

Candy

Most reactions

Latest posts