What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck IPad Air 2 Model 1566 (activation information could not be obtained)

Gnampf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am stuck with my Air2. I got it broken from my mother in law, so I gave it a try to restore. When connecting the only thing working left was DFU mode. I connected it to my PC, using ITunes and it wanted to restore and update it. So I did and it booted up again. So far so good.
Now I am stuck in the setup process, it doesn't want to show me any Wifi connections, it won't notice any nearby devices to do quick setup and connecting it to ITunes it throws an error that "the activation information could not be obtained".
I went manually into DFU mode and did another few restore attempts, also tried M3UTools which seem to be a bit more handy doing the flashing, but whatever I tried, the result is always the same.
Are there any things left I could try yet?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am stuck with my Air2. I got it broken from my mother in law, so I gave it a try to restore. When connecting the only thing working left was DFU mode. I connected it to my PC, using ITunes and it wanted to restore and update it. So I did and it booted up again. So far so good.
Now I am stuck in the setup process, it doesn't want to show me any Wifi connections, it won't notice any nearby devices to do quick setup and connecting it to ITunes it throws an error that "the activation information could not be obtained".
I went manually into DFU mode and did another few restore attempts, also tried M3UTools which seem to be a bit more handy doing the flashing, but whatever I tried, the result is always the same.
Are there any things left I could try yet?
If DFU mode won’t work it means there’s some kind of hardware fault. If you take the iPad to an Apple Store Genius Bar they can run a full diagnostic to determine exactly what’s wrong.

OP
G

Gnampf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks!
Well, it does work- sort of- it flashes and starts up fine as said, just from there seems to be no way to set it up. But I assumed already that there are little options left for me to try.

Most reactions

Latest posts