What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot connect to Internet though Wifi signal is excellent

ipadask

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an IPAD. I have also an iphone.

I connected to a wifi network successfully for both (both show good wifi signal icon).

I can browse internet with my iphone but on my ipad it says I am not connected to Internet !

Is my Ipad broken or did I miss something ?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome,

Go into Settings - WIFI - tap on the blue arrow at the end of the line with your network SSID name. Tap Forget this network. Setup you network connection again. This will often solve connectivity problems with WIFI. Be sure to enter your network password correctly.

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS doesnt always renew the dhcp lease when it should. You can also try tapping Renew Lease under Settings > wifi > blue arrow next to your wifi network's name ( removing the entire connection will basically do this and more )

torombolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having the same problem, I did exactlly what you have said and no luck, I did set up an ad hoc conection with my lap top without password and nothing. any ideas?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I had the same problem with a spot where I connect to a lot and when I looked at the IP, it was the "dummy" ip address (169.169.x.x) that cards will assign themselves when they connect to the hotspot but fail to receive DHCP.

The owner reset the router and I "forgot" the network are reconnected just fine.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you explain a bit about this dummy ip ,as recently my iPad is receiving such ips and failing to connect to wifi even though I have entered correct password.its my home router. Maybe with a bit of enlightenment I can solve this problem.

Thanks
All the helps are greatly appreciated.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Getting the "dummy IP" means it connected to the router (Wifi) but did not receive a DHCP address (IP Address). DHCP is controled by the Router and it should be on and serving IP Addresses automatically. If it isnt, then it could be a couple things; the Router needs to be rebooted or DHCP is turned off. Have you rebooted the Router?

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooting my router and with the help of a techie friend who says he changed the channel(a good way to get rid of the 4.2GM wifi issue) did the trick for me. Now it's working.

Thanks for your advice and information. You saved my day. :)

OP
I

ipadask

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rebooting my router and with the help of a techie friend who says he changed the channel(a good way to get rid of the 4.2GM wifi issue) did the trick for me. Now it's working.

Thanks for your advice and information. You saved my day. :)

What do you mean by changing the chanel ?

In my case I have tried at multiple points home, work and ... macdonalds so it's not just my router.

Finally I gave up, I have put my iphone sim within it ...

Most reactions

Latest posts