What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stream music to ipad from itunes

fitzpatrick2362

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys,

is there an app out there that i can stream music from my itunes on my desktop computer to play on my ipad/iphone. I have the 'remote' app but this seems to only allow me to control songs from my ipad to the desktop. any help please??

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just turn on home sharing in iTunes and your whole music library will be available on your iDevices.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
F

fitzpatrick2362

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Home sharing is turned on and I have the whole library on my iPad but when I play a song from my iPad it plays but with no sound. The sound is only coming from the desktop comp!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Go to the music app and you should be able to select your homeshared library via the more - shared buttons.

OP
F

fitzpatrick2362

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What music app? The music app on the iPad only has genres, composers and podcasts

Last edited:
OP
F

fitzpatrick2362

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I am explaining correctly. My music library is available on all devices but can I listen to the library on the devices ie iPad iPhone or can you only listen on the computer that has the iTunes library. The reason I say this is that when I play the music from my iPad or iPhone there is no sound coming out.

Frawick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you able to hear any sounds from your iPad? If so, and if you have "home sharing" turned on in your music APP which appears in "settings", it should work.
If not, you may want to have a "genius" at an Apple Store look at it.

OP
F

fitzpatrick2362

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys i hadn't put my id and password into the music app in settings , then that allowed me to turn it on in music app, more, shared

jay3903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to the music app on your iPad click on the more button select your iTunes library let it sync to your iPad then you should see all of your music when you see your music you should hit play and you should be able to hear your music I just tried this works fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts