What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storejet Cloud

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my never ending mission to search out new options for extending or enhancing the storage and sharing capabilities of the iPad I have just received this.......

image-1821903613.jpg

For those in the UK, I ordered it from Maplins as they have it on special offer right now.

There are two capacity versions available, 32GB and 64GB, I went for the 32GB as I have many options now and I purchased this purely for trial and testing purposes. There is a free app available, both for iOS devices and for Android devices so like some of the other storage options I have trialled this is also ideal for those who mix and match their devices.

Over the coming few days I will trial this and post some more pics, guides and my review. To start the ball rolling, these are the specs from the back of the box......

99mm x 54mm x 16.5mm
90g
USB2
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
Li-Polymer battery
View photos (JPEG, JPG, BMP, PNG)
View documents (PDF, TXT, DOC, PPT, XLS)
Playback music (MP3, WAV)
Playback videos (AVI, MOV, MP4, M4V)
5 Devices can stream different content simultaneously
Supports iOS, Android, Windows, OSX
32GB/64GB embedded SSD
Li-Battery supports 6hrs playback and 8hrs standby
Share picture/audio/video/document files wirelessly
Take new or upload existing photos to StoreJet Cloud
Email files as attachments
Supports multi-format files

The Archangel

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
YIKES! Another accessory to buy for my ever growing technology stash. But, I'm waiting for your review Gabe before I take the credit card out...so hurry up already! In the USA the 32Gig can be bought as inexpensive as US$68. Can you also provide a comparison between this device and the Airstash--I think you have that one, right?

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
YIKES! Another accessory to buy for my ever growing technology stash. But, I'm waiting for your review Gabe before I take the credit card out...so hurry up already! In the USA the 32Gig can be bought as inexpensive as US$68. Can you also provide a comparison between this device and the Airstash--I think you have that one, right?

No Airstash I'm afraid, I have the CloudFTP but I will do a write up on this one as soon as I can get around to it......possibly later today.

The Archangel

uzumlubay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airstash more flexible as can add additional SD cards also can use to upload photos from your cameras SD card.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks like Transend's version of the Kingston Wi-Drive. Similar capabilities no doubt. Looking forward to the review.

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say that so far I am rather underwhelmed, I had intended to provide a review/guide similar to the one I did for the CloudFTP but to be honest, the StoreJet App is just not very good, with the exception of using it to download/upload photos. Other file types can be downloaded but stay in the app (no open in function) and no way apparently to upload.

So, have I given up.....of course not, my next task will be to access the drive from GoodReader, if I can achieve this then I should be able to upload and download at will.

The surprising thing for me is the inability of companies such as this to realise the full potential of their devices, if you are going to provide an app to accompany it, then at least give it some sensible level of functionality! If GoodReader works then I'll be a happy bunny but, and this is an important but, if it does work then the question needs to be asked, why have Transcend wasted their time on their own app rather than just advise (as Hyperdrive have done with the CloudFTP) to use third party apps, there is no shame in that.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts