What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop deletions during sync

rikat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have converted several DVDs and loaded them to my iPad. Then, when I synced with iTunes, my videos were deleted (they were not on iTunes). How do I prevent iTunes from deleting these type (ones I've converted and loaded0 from my iPad? Thanks

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Un-check "Sync Movies" under the "Movies" tab. Remember it syncs from iTunes to your iPad. If it's not checked, or not in iTunes, it will delete them, assuming you don't want them anymore. That's why, if not checked, or they don't exist in iTunes it will delete them. Why don't you just use iTunes to put your movies on the iPad and you won't have this problem.

OP
R

rikat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. There is an option on my conversion software to do that (transfer to iTunes) and I did it. Thanks again for the info and the suggestion. It works and I will do that.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Un-check "Sync Movies" under the "Movies" tab. Remember it syncs from iTunes to your iPad. have this problem.

And let me add that in regard to Applications, it will also Sync from the iPAD to iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts