What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop apps from using internet

avd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Call me paranoid but I am looking for a way to NOT allow apps to connect to the internet unless I explicitly allow them.

For example, there is a program called "Evernote" that allows you to take "notes." Ok, seems all well and good, but in order to use their program they require you to create an account so you can "sync" your notes with the appropriate desktop version.

Not interested.

Is there a way to stop an app from accessing the internet unless specifically allowed? Some type of firewall maybe?

Thanks.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I dont think so.

You can however setup a Proxy server on your PC and then test out your apps to see what they are doing on the network.

voiceoftreason

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an app called firewallIP which i'm using on the iphone, whenever an app tries to access the net you can allow or deny the connections or completely white or blacklist the app.

I read somewhere it works on the iPad but I can't get mine until next payday so I can't confirm.

You can get it from cydia for a couple of bucks.

If you want to block certain sites e.g ads or tracking you can also edit or replace etc/hosts

Andy

Most reactions

Latest posts