What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to import files onto your ipad from the internet to edit.

danicasteele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a student looking for a way to get slides shows and other programs that my professors post to an Internet website off of the Internet and into a program where I can edit them and add my own notes. Someone had mentioned pages so I downloaded that app but now I am unsure of how you get the files on and off of there and maybe into the Dropbox app. If anyone knows please help me out.

bigd1320

iPF Noob
Reaction score
danicasteele said:
I am a student looking for a way to get slides shows and other programs that my professors post to an Internet website off of the Internet and into a program where I can edit them and add my own notes. Someone had mentioned pages so I downloaded that app but now I am unsure of how you get the files on and off of there and maybe into the Dropbox app. If anyone knows please help me out.

Have you tried Drop Box? It has 2 gb of free space to access your files from anywhere.

bigd1320

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uploaded some docx files and spreadsheets to google docs. I can view them on safari and I was able to edit them on my iPad 2. I am not sure how fancy I can get.with these tools, but it does what I want to do for free and without any new apps.

Most reactions