What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen iPad Question

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of my iPads was just stolen. I didn’t have the iCloud "Find my iPhone" option activated on it. I went to Apple Support to look at the devices registered to me and it wasn't there.

My question: if the thief has reset it as a new iPad, does that automatically remove it from my product list? Appropos that, will Apple give me that info? (I am asking here before contacting them just to keep from wasting time on hold!)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you reported the stolen iPad to the police? While Apple won't give you any info on anyone who registers your iPad in their name, they do cooperate with law enforcement officials.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you reported the stolen iPad to the police? While Apple won't give you any info on anyone who registers your iPad in their name, they do cooperate with law enforcement officials.

Am going to, but I wanted the serial number to give to them when I do. I think they then provide the serial to pawn shops and the like.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Isn't the serial number on the box? I haven't looked at mine since I put it in the closet right after unboxing.

Most reactions