What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock ipad 1.....app updates will not finish installing

markep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a really frustrating problem. I currently have 30 apps that need updating, but when the first finishes "installing" the blue bar just stays full on that app and i am unable to update another app unless I reboot the machine. Needless to say, I really shouldn't have to reboot my machine 30 times to get it to update my apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried closing all open apps by double clicking on the home button, holding an app till they wiggle, then touch the -ve sign on each open app?

OP
M

markep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. No luck with that. The only thing that completes the installing is to reboot machine.

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By reboot do you mean turn off, or hold the home and on buttons until the apple sign appears and then release and allow to restart.

OP
M

markep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By reboot I mean I hold home and power until apple symbol comes up, it then starts in about 2 minutes.

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only other thought is a complete reset ( in settings - general) and reload all your apps. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

OP
M

markep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alex thanks for your help. The only slight thought I have is that it has something to do with the app store, as sometimes if I log out from the store, it finishes installing, but only sometimes.

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did read a suggestion for a different problem that suggested going to settings, store, and logging out, then log back in, might be worth trying.

trtuttle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When did this start happening. I handsome strange things happen after the update

trinaJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had that problem wi a couple of apps and finally had a kind soul post a solution that worked for me.
Just doubleclick or doubletouch in Apple world on the word installing in the App Store. It worked for me
Except if i was being too impatient.

Most reactions

Latest posts