What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky home button

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
my iPad home button has started to stick, and clicks when pressed. Anything I can do with it?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
my iPad home button has started to stick, and clicks when pressed. Anything I can do with it?

Hi Lizzieh - you can google 'iPad Air 2 home button sticking' and get a number of hits, including YouTube videos, such as the one below which offers a number of options for home button substitution (such as using finger gesturing or settings in 'assistive touch') - now, the use of isopropyl alcohol is also given as an option - I suspect that this would get some mixed comments by posters to your thread - if you feel daring, purchase the highest percentage of alcohol (e.g. above 90%) because the other ingredient is water, a no-no for electronics; note that I am not making this recommendation - we have several 'iPad Fixers' here, so hopefully one or more will reply.

Of course, you could visit an Apple store or a recommended Apple repair service for an assessment - replacement of the 'home button' is not easy and would be expensive, I suspect. Let us know your results. Dave :)

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. It's all fine now.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A tiny drop of alcohol on my finger, rubbed gently over the button.

Sorry for late reply, my husbands been in hospital so things have been hectic.

Most reactions