What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad home button vs others

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I've noticed ( at least with my iPad ) that the home button doesn't make a very big "click" When I press it. With my iPhone, when I press the home button it takes more force to. Also I've tried pressing my friend's home button on his iPad and it also makes a bigger click noise. Is my iPad 2 home button defective? Will it have a shorter life than others? If your wondering it works fine still and doesn't feel like its stuck in place. It does actually makes a click but very subtle.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...check your settings.

Go to settings/general/lock sounds....turn on.

OP
Elephant

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood. I meant physically pressing the home button and hearing the click noise from the home button.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 1 was a more positive click , my iphone4 less so and my new ipad3 is very soft, if worried you can enable the virtual home button under setting, general, then accessibility, and then enable "assistive touch"
A floating control pad with a virtual button and other controls will pop up on your screen, you can move this around at will.
See pic ....

Last edited:

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1339614470.416651.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1339614470.416651.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 461

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood. I meant physically pressing the home button and hearing the click noise from the home button.

Apparently I did! My home button makes a subtle click noise, but not a lot and it presses easily.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Apparently I did! My home button makes a subtle click noise, but not a lot and it presses easily.

It's possible that manufacturing tolerances in the production of the home button assembly could result in the variations in the click sound heard when pushing different home buttons.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible that manufacturing tolerances in the production of the home button assembly could result in the variations in the click sound heard when pushing different home buttons.

I agree, Scifan. I have gone to using a smartcover for fear of wearing out my home button and power switch. I think I got a bit paranoid with some of the threads that were here earlier in the month.

Forhad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When my iPad was new, It required less force to click the home button. As it is going old day by day and now the home button takes more force to press. So I think this is the fact.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bosvaark said:
My iPad 1 was a more positive click , my iphone4 less so and my new ipad3 is very soft, if worried you can enable the virtual home button under setting, general, then accessibility, and then enable "assistive touch"
A floating control pad with a virtual button and other controls will pop up on your screen, you can move this around at will.
See pic ....

Thank you Bosvaark. This is an excellent idea.

Most reactions