What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs Takes Medical Leave of Absence But Remains CEO

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
steve-jobs.JPG

Apple has issued a media advisory statement today from Steve Jobs which says he is taking a medical leave of absence to focus on his health. Here’s the full wording of Jobs’ letter.

Team,
At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple’s day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.
Steve

Many expected Jobs to be at the recent launch of the Verizon iPhone, so this announcement might explain why he was absent. In the past Jobs has suffered from pancreatic cancer, and had a liver transplant in 2009 during a six-month leave of absence. According to a report in the New York Times quoted by MacRumors, Jobs has been experiencing “ups and downs†of the type associated with immune system problems caused by liver transplants.

Source: Apple, Steve Jobs Taking New Medical Leave of Absence [Updated] - Mac Rumors

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I hope it's nothing to serious.. Get well soon Mr. Jobs!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the closure. He asked for respect for his privacy.....we should respect his wishes and not speculate on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I do not think posting well wishes for the CEO of Apple is disrespecting his privacy in any way, but any comments other than that will be deleted.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure why this thread would need to be closed.

I hope he recovers fully from whatever problem he is having right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts