What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs all but confirms Apple Tablet

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple-domination.jpg

As some of you are aware Apple released their 4th quarter results today after the trading day closed. Apple set record profit of $3.38B on record revenue. We'll get into the numbers a bit more deeply but in our opinion the most telling aspect of the conference call was this quote by Steve Jobs.

Steve Jobs said:
If you annualize our quarterly revenue, it's surprising that Apple is now a $50+ billion company... The new products we are planning to release this year are very strong, starting this week with a major new product that we're really excited about.

He isn't known to mince words about future Apple products unless he has something to back it up. The fact that he said "major new product" tells me it's not a rehash or upgrade or new network carrier, but a product that is significantly different from anything they offer to call it a "major new product".

Overall, Apple is firing on all cylinders without question. The only category of product that was down are iPod sales (down 8% year over year) but computer sales are up 33% and iPhone sales are up over 100%.

You can stream the call here: http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jan/earnings/earnings_10/earnings_ref.mov

Let us know what you think in the comments!

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also interesting, look at what BGR is reporting.. Verizon is having a "kick off" event that coincides with Apple's and they've been told they will be watching a "webcast" at the same time.

Interesting!

Verizon Wireless to store managers: Wednesday is a big day Boy Genius Report

That's very interesting because I love my Mac products and I'm on Verizon...cant wait for Wednesday!

Thanks again for sharing :)

From what i can tell, most likely the reason for this is because apple's contract with AT&T will be up soon, and they should be showing off their new phone line, and from what i can tell, they will be showing off one that will end up going to verizon.

Most reactions

Latest posts