What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standing in Line

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if it was one they ship to developers... Simply have heard nothing beyond that one popping up.

Sting67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nightstar said:
I wonder if it was one they ship to developers... Simply have heard nothing beyond that one popping up.

Ripped off more like!!!!

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate standing in line for anything!

I'm about a 1/2 mile from an Apple store and still order most of my Apple stuff right from the website.

Best of luck for all you lemmings on Friday morning. I'll be watching for the man (or woman) in Brown at the same time. :D

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its odd no others have appeared. Just this one... Friday's going to be fun...

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
If queueing for hours do people let you go for a pee and come back or should I expect arguments galore ?
Last year when I waited for my 2 the people I stood around didnt care. Really, the only person you need to ask is the one standing behind you. If you have a little chair to hold your spot your good. I just asked would it be cool if I came back to my spot after the bathroom and they said sure.

Would I like a 3? Yes, but I still have a 2 that i havent even fully utilized yet.

Sevael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do you live? I'm in northern AB and it says ill get mine on Friday. That being said I already told my husband I won't be having my shower till the ups lady comes.

I'm in Winnipeg. We're always one of the last places to get shipments. It doesn't matter if it's coming from the east or the west, we're equally far from both distribution hubs.

As I said, I've ordered things from Apple (and other companies) with a particular promised release date and it's never here on that date. When said date is a Friday, that means Monday at the earliest (and weekend backlog usually pushes it to Tuesday). Throw in UPS issues and it can be up to a week. So standing in line for a couple hours is preferable in my case.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Winnipeg. We're always one of the last places to get shipments. It doesn't matter if it's coming from the east or the west, we're equally far from both distribution hubs.

As I said, I've ordered things from Apple (and other companies) with a particular promised release date and it's never here on that date. When said date is a Friday, that means Monday at the earliest (and weekend backlog usually pushes it to Tuesday). Throw in UPS issues and it can be up to a week. So standing in line for a couple hours is preferable in my case.

I'm in Calgary, and UPS is a mixed bag for me. I personally avoid using UPS for a number of reasons when it involved personal shipments. Mine is getting delivered to work and we get pretty good service here from UPS so I'm hoping that has some bearing.

Only time will tell what happens on Friday.

everythingapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it does - as I found when I went to BB to try to find a discounted HP touchpad, turns out they were all bought up by employees. Some employees had bought 10 of them obviously to resell on craigslist. I was quite disenfranchised that they did not limit employee purchase.

I'm surprised they let employees purchase them at all! VZW doesn't allow their employees to buy new products (at least that is what I was told) for a period of time after their release. I think that is smart... otherwise there would never be enough product for the rest of us! Shame on BB for allowing that.

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No way am I getting near the Apple Store. Mine will be delivered on the 21st. I'd rather wait the few extra days. Besides I still have my wonderful IPad 2 (which my husband will be getting for his birthday this month). I am very excited about my IPad's new sister's arrival though. :)

Sent from my iPad2 32 3G Black :)

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
everythingapple said:
I'm surprised they let employees purchase them at all! VZW doesn't allow their employees to buy new products (at least that is what I was told) for a period of time after their release. I think that is smart... otherwise there would never be enough product for the rest of us! Shame on BB for allowing that.

To resell or for friends and family!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

OP
Jazzephaye

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jazzephaye, i'd recommend getting to a PeachMac if you are close to one here in Atlanta. Last year I got my iPad2 from them after running to every BestBuy, Target, and Walmart within 10 miles of me. They were my last stop and it was like 5 people in front of me and they had a pallet of them and this was maybe 2 hours after the launch. I'm near the one in Peachtree City, but I didnt try my luck this year and just Pre-Ordered...

Locations | PeachMac

Thanks... I think I will try them...I know the At&t store here in Kennesaw doesnt open untill 9 and I was considering going to Lennox.

Most reactions

Latest posts