What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standing in Line

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Im working my local Best Buy's iPad launch....so I'll be "managing" the line o_O....

Does that automatically put you at the front of the line?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Sevael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You Americans who pre-ordered are lucky that you can get it delivered to your door on day one. Many of us aren't so fortunate.

As a Canadian who doesn't live in Vancouver or Toronto, pre-ordering would mean waiting until the Wednesday following release before it arrives at my door. And that's assuming the lazy UPS guy rings the doorbell instead of leaving the "We missed you" tag and taking off.

I've had too many bad experiences with having things shipped from Apple (not Apple's fault), so now I get my iPads and iPhones in the store if I don't want to wait a week. What it comes down to is whether it's worth waiting in line for a couple hours to get it almost a week earlier. Given the recent weather we've been having, I'm thinking it's worth it. :)

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure it does - as I found when I went to BB to try to find a discounted HP touchpad, turns out they were all bought up by employees. Some employees had bought 10 of them obviously to resell on craigslist. I was quite disenfranchised that they did not limit employee purchase.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sevael said:
You Americans who pre-ordered are lucky that you can get it delivered to your door on day one. Many of us aren't so fortunate.

As a Canadian who doesn't live in Vancouver or Toronto, pre-ordering would mean waiting until the Wednesday following release before it arrives at my door. And that's assuming the lazy UPS guy rings the doorbell instead of leaving the "We missed you" tag and taking off.

I've had too many bad experiences with having things shipped from Apple (not Apple's fault), so now I get my iPads and iPhones in the store if I don't want to wait a week. What it comes down to is whether it's worth waiting in line for a couple hours to get it almost a week earlier. Given the recent weather we've been having, I'm thinking it's worth it. :)

Oh we have the lazy ups guy in the US as well!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If queueing for hours do people let you go for a pee and come back or should I expect arguments galore ?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
anything thing to consider if you will be out in a line for the iPad on friday.

Check with your local target to see if they will be selling the new iPad on friday and how many they will have in stock. If they in fact will have the new iPad and you have a target credit card you would save 5% off on the price by using the target credit card.

Target will not have anywhere near as many units as the apple store however so you would need to be in the front of the line to expect to get one.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think 3am might be safe. If you drive by Thursday evening around 10ish and there is already a line, you better get in it.

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sevael said:

Where do you live? I'm in northern AB and it says ill get mine on Friday. That being said I already told my husband I won't be having my shower till the ups lady comes.

Nikki86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still trying to decide should I take an extended lunch break fri or just stay at home since FedEx stated fri 3/16 by 3pm...I called FedEx and they said they will not hold iPads at the distribution center.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

I'm pretty sure it does - as I found when I went to BB to try to find a discounted HP touchpad, turns out they were all bought up by employees. Some employees had bought 10 of them obviously to resell on craigslist. I was quite disenfranchised that they did not limit employee purchase.

Mine will actually be held for me ONCE we've sold through our stock for customers. So its still first come, first served. Its not me using any tricks or my position to get one, i care about taking care of our customers first.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Mine will actually be held for me ONCE we've sold through our stock for customers. So its still first come, first served. Its not me using any tricks or my position to get one, i care about taking care of our customers first.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

Probably good reasons for that. If they gave you yours first, could you restrain yourself and not run home to play with it. I think I'd be tempted to hit the fire alarm or something, and try to escape during the confusion.

Sting67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very suspect of those (especially those guys in Asia) that received their pads days ago! There's no way apple could ship them that fast without others taking delivery too?!! I smell 'off the back of a lorry' quote here!!! ;-)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm very suspect of those (especially those guys in Asia) that received their pads days ago! There's no way apple could ship them that fast without others taking delivery too?!! I smell 'off the back of a lorry' quote here!!! ;-)

Nothing was delivered days ago...

swaggapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone planning on standing in line on Friday to get the "new" ipad? Apple stores will be opening 2 hours earlier at 8 a.m....not sure about other retailers though. If you are, state below what store you will be at and what time you plan on getting there. Just tryna get an idea of how early I should be at Best Buy here in Atlanta ...I'm thinking 3 a.m.

Jazzephaye, i'd recommend getting to a PeachMac if you are close to one here in Atlanta. Last year I got my iPad2 from them after running to every BestBuy, Target, and Walmart within 10 miles of me. They were my last stop and it was like 5 people in front of me and they had a pallet of them and this was maybe 2 hours after the launch. I'm near the one in Peachtree City, but I didnt try my luck this year and just Pre-Ordered...

Locations | PeachMac

Most reactions