What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standing in Line

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone planning on standing in line on Friday to get the "new" ipad? Apple stores will be opening 2 hours earlier at 8 a.m....not sure about other retailers though. If you are, state below what store you will be at and what time you plan on getting there. Just tryna get an idea of how early I should be at Best Buy here in Atlanta ...I'm thinking 3 a.m.

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jazzephaye said:
Anyone planning on standing in line on Friday to get the "new" ipad? Apple stores will be opening 2 hours earlier at 8 a.m....not sure about other retailers though. If you are, state below what store you will be at and what time you plan on getting there. Just tryna get an idea of how early I should be at Best Buy here in Atlanta ...I'm thinking 3 a.m.

Nah mine will be delivered to my desk at 8 am

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why didn't you pre order ? If you want one bad enough to get up at 3am you had to have known last week

OP
Jazzephaye

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why didn't you pre order ? If you want one bad enough to get up at 3am you had to have known last week

I did know, however my experience with pre ordering is that many people's statuses says that it would be delivered on the launch day, but the day before or day of...their statuses changed and they didnt end up getting theirs until 2 or 3 weeks after.

I hope u get yours as planned tho

rollerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience is when the iPad 2 came out, was I stood in line for 2 hrs and then when it was my turn, they didn't have the one I wanted, so I went to my car and ordered on line from Apple and got it a couple of weeks later. I preordered the new iPad and it will be here Friday.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I was thinking about not pre-ordering and instead waiting in line, just so that I could get the iPad early in the morning instead of waiting around all day for whenever the Fedex guy shows up to deliver it. But then I figured, better to get one for sure on launch day then take the chance of on getting the model I want when waiting in line. Not getting the model I want after waiting in like would then put weeks or month into my wait time to get one so I pre-ordered.

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jazzephaye said:
I did know, however my experience with pre ordering is that many people's statuses says that it would be delivered on the launch day, but the day before or day of...their statuses changed and they didnt end up getting theirs until 2 or 3 weeks after.

I hope u get yours as planned tho

Mine is about 2 hours away. I'm a little more worried about my wife's. I ordered it the same time but got it engraved and its still preparing for shipping

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where did you hear that they will be opening at 8 am? The Apple stores I keep calling say the info hasn't been released yet. Are you sure about this?

frankieo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The people waiting in line for days in the cold need to have their heads checked. Mine is PRE-ORDERED and will be deliverd to my house on Friday. I will be wearing pajamas and drinking a beer when I open the door to receive it. Good luck all you people standing in line with the mayhem just to get them same result lol

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jazzephaye said:

Never!!! iPad was a gift and I had my iPhone 4 delivered via Verizon wireless online. I totally forgot about picking up the device from the Apple Store. I was worried about company discounts and such as they usually require that you order online.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Warhawkguy said:
I pre-ordered mine..

That's what I would have done. Not that serious for me. I hate crowds and people will be insane.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Most reactions