What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprint and the iPad 4G

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
spring-ipad-4g.jpg

Holding off for the for the iPad 3G? Want the fastest possible data speeds over cellular network? Then purchasing the Sierra Wireless Overdrive 3G/4G WiFi Hotspot from Sprint might be the way to go. Sprint's latest commercial shows the iPhone running over Sprint's 4G hotspot and takes aim at both AT&T and Verizon. I'd have to bet an iPad commercial is in the works. Check out the video below!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwV4XJJAAas&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Make Your iPhone® 4G[/ame]

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never used sprint but it can't be worse than the abysmal service and customer care you get from ATT.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlimited "4G" (if you can get it in your area) and 5gb of 3G for the low-low price of $59.99 a month. Still a little rich for my blood. I'll stick to tethering with the iPhone for now.

jakespaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4G by Sprint?

How would that work with the iPad? different chip?
Different software? :confused:

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It would work for just about any device with wifi since it take their 4G network and turns it into a wifi hotspot. Pretty cool idea. Hopefully other providers will follow suit with their own 3g or 4g to wifi and make the price more competitive.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It would work for just about any device with wifi since it take their 4G network and turns it into a wifi hotspot. Pretty cool idea. Hopefully other providers will follow suit with their own 3g or 4g to wifi and make the price more competitive.

I'm pretty sure sprint is the last company to get this, they're just the only one throwing ad dollars at it...

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sprint just changed the game !!!!! - New 4G phone !!!

The nation's first 4G phone HTC EVO 4 (out this summer on Sprint) will be able to instantly become a mobile wifi hotspot (at 4G speeds) for upto (8) devices with the push of a button.

This done without buying an additional "mi-fi" device to elevate the speeds of your Wi-Fi only iPad.:D

Now...my 32GB wi-fi iPad will be become a 4G speed weapon at anytime, w/o depending on the At&T only network, originally planned by Apple.

Sprint - HTC EVO? 4G

I'm in.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be, I think it's going to depend on price and if 4G is available in your area.

I can honestly say, I don't know anyone that uses Spring. Do any of you use Sprint? Are you happy with your service?

iDan, could this be the answer to not wanting to pay for the 3g ipad yet?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could be, I think it's going to depend on price and if 4G is available in your area.

I can honestly say, I don't know anyone that uses Spring. Do any of you use Sprint? Are you happy with your service?

iDan, could this be the answer to not wanting to pay for the 3g ipad yet?

I've never used it so i can't comment on it...i have some friends that use it, and they are happy with it...don't know about data connection tho..only voice.

lp1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had Sprint a number of years ago and they were bad (really bad). Now you have to look to see if 4G is available in your area. It is only available in a few areas (more coming). But that was the major problem with Sprint (they always said better coverage is coming soon). Boston is not available with 4G speed yet.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had Sprint a number of years ago and they were bad (really bad). Now you have to look to see if 4G is available in your area. It is only available in a few areas (more coming). But that was the major problem with Sprint (they always said better coverage is coming soon). Boston is not available with 4G speed yet.

Well, there ya go...thanks lisa...ill stick with vzw

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think these 4G devices they are releasing are all backwards compatible and usable on 3G networks. So even if 4G isn't very prevalent in your area (yet)... you would still be able to use it just fine on your 3G network in your area 'till 4G expands. Do keep in mind though that they are capping the 3G bandwidth at 5 gig (which is pretty standard) and the 4G bandwidth is supposedly unmetered.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know someone well enough in the upper side of Sprint and she was able to get me out a contract after a dispute. Thank God for that.. I hope Verizon is better.. Anyway, she stated Sprint has not immediate plans to extend their 'experimental' 4G network. So unless you are in the select few 4G nodes you will be out of luck with all this hype... I think any network provider will tell you 'dont expect 4G nationwide anytime soon'..

Most reactions

Latest posts